We are excited that you are considering applying for an internship at the Clinton Foundation!
Please review the following information carefully before beginning the application process. You cannot resume a partially completed application.
For more information about the internship program, please visit the Stipends, Visas, Housing, Internship Locations, and FAQs sections of our site. If you still have additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 212-348-8882.
Internship Application Deadlines and Terms
Summer: Deadline - February 28th. Term - early June through late August
Fall: Deadline - June 15th. Term - early September through mid-December
Spring: Deadline - November 15th. Term - late January through late May
Before You Begin Your Application, Please Gather the Following:
You cannot resume a partially completed application, so make sure you gather the below, in plain text, BEFORE you start your application:
1. Program and Department Preferences (see our available internships). The application requires that you (1) choose your areas of interest and (2) prioritize your departments of choice in your short essay.
2. Short Essay. (250-500 words) Explain how the internship relates to your objectives, expectations, and future goals. Please include your experiences and skills that make you a strong candidate for the internship position. Additionally, your essay should include why you have chosen the specific areas of interest and departments.
3. Short Biography. (100-200 words) Briefly describe your background and personal history.
4. Current Resume.
5. Writing Sample. (1-5 pages) This could be the beginning of an academic paper, a short essay, or a non-academic writing sample from a job you've had. It should be a clear and concise example that demonstrates your writing ability.
6. Stipend Request. (maximum 500 words) If you are applying for a stipend, please prepare a statement explaining why you deserve a need-based stipend. Note that stipend requests do not impact acceptance to the internship program.
7. Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be submitted independent of your application here. If you are a current student or recent graduate, we prefer that one letter is from a professor. ***If one or more letters are being submitted directly by a recommender, please remember to follow up with them.