Initially, Nsha will launch a comprehensive marketing and public relations campaign to introduce the brand and its Commitment to Action. After the initial launch period, each article of nsha clothing will continue to include a tag containing information on the Commitment, as well as educational information on Breast Cancer and the Centre. As such, the nsha brand and community of customers will become ongoing beacons of empowerment around women's health.
Funds raised will be allocated to the following projects, with total costs included in USD:
- Pathology Lab for increased Diagnostic capability and new Tissue bank (.92 mm)
- Build new phase I Hospice unit (.92mm)
- Additional operating suite with increased Intensive care unit (ICU) facility ( mm)
- New respirator for ICU (400,000)
- New MRI machine for breast cancer ( mm)
- Chemotherapy Day Care Center (,000)
- Ultrasound diagnostic equipment (,000)
- Cancer medical staff specialist training fro the next 5 years (.92 mm)
In 2005, Chulalongkorn Medical School dedicated a 10-story building as the home of the Queen Sirikit Centre for Breast Cancer. The original building provided 80 beds, one operating unit, one ICU and both a radio and chemo therapy treatment center. The official opening of the Queen Sirikit Centre for Breast Cancer was in 2005. So far, in 2008, 600 million Baht has been raised to start and build the Centre and fund its outreach programs.
The Queen Sirikit Centre for Breast Cancer will be responsible for provision of health services. HM Queen Sirikit, who founded the Centre, is recognized globally for decades of charitable work. She is also President of the Thai Red Cross, a post she has held since 1956. She has also been active in relief work for the many refugees from Cambodia and Burma who have sought refuge in Thailand.
nsha seeks to raise awareness regarding breast cancer prevention and treatment, as well as the existence of the Centre itself. Importantly, nsha's customers will automatically become partners in this effort, via the purchases they make, given the 5% revenue Commitment.