China's electricity demand is growing at a tremendous rate, yet its infrastructure is still developing. Faced with this challenge, China has responded by becoming a world leader in innovative grid solutions.
A logical next step in improving the efficiency and stability of Chinese electricity grids is to embrace Smart Grid capabilities. China's challenge is that the Smart Grid concept is a complex system involving multiple sectors. No single stakeholder group can drive this concept and no single entity has taken up the banner for Smart Grid in China. The China Smart Grid Cooperative will help these stakeholders work together to take the crucial first steps toward a Smart Grid.
The JUCCCE China Smart Grid Cooperative will accelerate Smart Grid development in China by hosting a series of workshops in Beijing, China that will Ccreate dialogue to help define Smart Grid for China, provide concrete ROI examples to justify grid investment, and identify the best Smart Grid technologies for China
These workshops will seek to bring together the most experienced international experts and the most promising Smart Grid technologies to China. They will also involve the most effective stakeholders in China and encourage them to lead the charge for Smart Grid in China The workshops will facilitate productive dialogue between JUCCCE China Smart Grid Cooperative members to accelerate the development of Smart Grid in China.
Key lessons and case studies from these workshops will be shared with a broader group of stakeholders.
JUCCCE is a non-profit organization that brings together international expertise and technologies to accelerate the use of clean and efficient energy in China. Duke Energy is a leader in deploying Smart Grid technology and has partnered with JUCCCE to launch this cooperative and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between the U.S. and China. Together, JUCCCE, and Duke Energy are seeking energy and technology companies as well as other stakeholders to join this cooperative. The first company to join this partnership as a platinum sponsor is GridPoint. GridPoint is a leading clean tech company and is a pioneer developing an innovative smart grid platform that empowers utilities to optimize electrical grid management, achieve business objectives, increase grid reliability, promote environmental stewardship, and fuel the adoption of renewable energy sources.
The China Smart Grid Cooperative continues to solicit partners and sponsor until the December 2008.
- The China Smart Grid Cooperative continues to solicit partners and sponsor until the December 2008.
- They will establish a China-US Smart Grid Cooperative in September 2008.
- They will share Duke Energy expertise on Smart Grid at JUCCCE China Energy Forum in Beijing, China from November 10 to November 11, 2008.
- The China-US Smart Grid Cooperative will organize a series of Smart Grid Workshops in Beijing, China. This will include a roll out that is dependent on the success of each workshop. Partners will participate in development and deployment of workshops. An anticipated workshop will be ROI of Smart Grids on November 12, 2008.
- The Status of Smart Grid Technology is anticipate in April 2009.
- The Timeline for Decisions is anticipated for October 2009.
- Publication and distribution of the Smart Grid case studies and key lessons in English and Chinese will be distributed by August 2009.
SEEKING: financial resources, implementing partners, best practices information, media and marketing assistance.
OFFERING: best practices information, media and marketing assistance.