Club One will develop and deliver, using its Habit Changer? engine (www.habitchanger.com), a completely new program that will provide long-term training to parents to develop habits that support raising children with healthier eating habits. This program will operate via text message, email, and the web, and will provide support and daily reminders to build habits over a period of months and years. Club One will maintain a service infrastructure to deliver the online and messaging content, will publicize the program at its cost, will refresh and refine the content for maximum effectiveness, and will maintain the above commitments for five years from service launch or as long as the Habit Changer? platform remains a commercially viable product and continues to deliver measurable results for users.
The Habit Changer is a commercially-based behavioral change system that provides constant support to help adults consciously choose new, healthier habits. It is designed to help adults develop a healthy relationship to food and exercise, as well as supporting them to more effectively deal with coping issues revolving around priorities, stress and socialization.
For this commitment, Club One is developing a series of programs of the same level of complexity, comprehensiveness, and quality as its similar commercial offerings that will be t targeted specifically at parents to help them teach their children to adopt behavioral changes, and to engage their children in a healthier lifestyle. These programs will be free to everyone in the United States.
Club One will be able to track the number of parents using the program, including but not limited to the following:
- Frequency and duration of interaction
- Messaging received
- Activity ratings
- Steps completed
- Directions & choices made in the program
- Self-reported success
Summary of first-year costs, 12/08 - 12/09:
- Development of messaging and event-sequence content specific to this commitment, not re-usable in any other Club One activity: ,000.
- Investment in technology infrastructure to handle increased load generated by users of content specific to this commitment, incremental to what we would have spent otherwise: ,000.
- Initial long-lead PR to publicize content specific to this commitment, incremental to what we would have spent otherwise: ,000.
- Number of parents completing at least three months
on the program: 500,000
- Percentage of users reporting that their children demonstrate improved healthy eating habits as a result of the program: 80%
This commitment is the outcome of Club One's earlier work on teen obesity, begun in 2006. They performed primary research in which they determined that the most cost-effective way to reach the target population, and achieve the target goal of reducing obesity in the overall society, was not to target teens but rather to target parents, guiding them to change their behaviors and provide their children with positive habits early on.