Agastya has already directly reached over two million rural children and 70,000 teachers. Through the largest face-to-face, hands-on science education program for deprived children in the world, Agastya plans to:
- Spark the creative spirit among at least five million vulnerable, disadvantaged, at-risk rural children and 300,000 teachers in India.
- Disseminate interactive and engaging quality education through Teacher Training and Young Instructor Leader programs.
- Invest in innovative, high-impact education dissemination channels, including 50 mobile science labs and 25 rural science centers.
- Build a truly world-class rural knowledge center, the Creativity Lab.
- Help replicate the Agastya model across India and worldwide.
India's rote-based, didactic, and uninspiring education methods do not provide vulnerable, disadvantaged, at-risk, and out-of-school children the tools to overcome their constraints. Instead, they have produced apathy, leading to low school attendance, a dropout rate of over 70 % between class level one and nine, and poorly skilled graduates. Opportunities are few for creative and participative learning that stimulates and empowers children and teachers. Transforming the system requires access to dynamic, hands-on teaching-learning methods that instills creative-thinking and problem-solving skills for a prosperous and sustainable society.
Agastya, a leader in creativity-based education for poor children and teachers, provides access to quality education that awakens curiosity, and fosters creative thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. Agastya makes learning fun and engaging, hands-on and creative, useful and relevant to the child's current and future context, visible and attractive to parents and community members, and accessible at the village doorstep by the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children. Through innovative Agastya programs, rural children and teachers will acquire the creative energy, learning tools, and confidence to overcome their constraints.
SEEKING: financial resources, implementing partners, best practices information, media and marketing assistance.
OFFERING: An education model for replication worldwide