PHASE I (6-8 months) - Engage consulting team to produce feasibility study for the area.
- Identify and engage artist in planning of land art for solar panel fields.
- Engage in local outreach.
- Engage partners in planned usage of hydrogen (clean transport, heating, etc.).
- Involve/communicate/negotiate with local utilities/government.
- Purchase/prepare land in South West Texas.
PHASE II (18-36 months) - Begin planning and installation of solar panels, electrical production and storage facility and hydrogen production plant.
- Ensure x% of land to be utilized as R&D in the solar/hydrogen production sector.
PHASE III - Ensure seamless supply of energy to the town of Marfa, TX.
- Begin introducing hydrogen use for clean transport, heating etc.
- Continue public outreach regarding the usage of clean energy, and the viability of the plant itself and encourage replication of the model.
PHASE IV - Potentially supply surrounding area with clean energy (thereby scaling-up the plant as needed).
- Expand the usage of hydrogen to surrounding area.
- Support the replication of the model in other areas (both in and out of state).
MARFA WORKS seeks to address the shortcomings of existing power solutions and is aimed at taking the objectives of clean energy to a new, sustainable and successful level. The plant itself shall serve as a financially viable, sustainable model for others to recreate, as well as have potential to scale-up production in the future.
It is envisioned to utilize the latest solar photovoltaic technologies and electrolysis processes for the production of hydrogen.
The project has four main issues/goals that will be addressed:
- Cover Marfa's demands for electricity with clean solar power.
- Produce excess hydrogen and introduce technologies to replace traditional fossil fuels with hydrogen (heating, transport, etc.).
- Create opportunities to test new relevant technologies, thereby contributing to the evolution and R&D efforts of solar and hydrogen infrastructures.
- Creation of a sustainable, financially viable model, that through art will attract attention and public interest and increase awareness of clean energy.
MARFA WORKS is currently seeking assistance with respect to the planning, building and installation of the power plant in Marfa, Texas. They are specifically looking for teams with direct experience in the photovoltaic solar power/ hydrogen production sector, who would be able to advise and lead the project from planning to installation and (potentially) oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance once the plant is functioning normally.
Furthermore, industry specific advisory services are sought to broaden our base of knowledge in the industry, expand the use of hydrogen effectively and further productive dialogue in the space.
Further partnership opportunities (relating to investment capital) may develop as the project progresses.