Signing of a Strategic Co-operation Agreement (SCA) between YES BANK and GIFT.
- Roll-out of first YLP program planned for Fall 2006.
To date, GIFT has succeeded in launching and completing seven YLPs in Lao PDR, Cambodia, China, and India. In Lao PDR, participants have been able to work with Sunlabob Rural Energy Limited, focusing on a solar-powered water pumping and purification initiative. Meanwhile, participants in Hebei China have worked on expanding the Jinlong Enterprise's existing biogas infrastructure to generate renewable energy for surrounding farms.
Signed a Strategic Co-operation Agreement (SCA) between YES BANK and GIFT.
Roll-out of first YLP program planned for Fall 2006.
- YES BANK helped facilitate the implementation of YLP's 'Resolving Man-Animal Conflict in the Gir Forest, Gujarat, India' program, through participant recruitment.
- Upon completion of the on-site portion of the program, YES BANK hosted a Program Finale for participants in Mumbai on January 26, 2007
- Participants were awarded certificates of appreciation by Mr. Somak Ghosh, President, Corporate Finance & Development Banking, YES BANK Ltd
- The event provided a platform for the participants to exchange their experiences in the Chitrod village in the Gir region, Gujarat with YES BANK personnel
- Following the event, YES BANK received expressions of interest for internships in the Bank's Corporate Social Responsibility and Microfinance practices from a significant number of participants. The Bank will be hosting these students in various roles in the above mentioned departments through the current year.