University Network Process
Below is an outline of the University Network process and timeline.
1. Join: University joins the U Network by committing at least $10,000 in funds to support student commitments and travel to the CGI U meeting.
2. Representative: Assign an administrative or faculty member to serve as the CGI U liaison and on-campus mentor for students.
3. Orientation: Attend the CGI U Network orientation at the CGI U office with other member institutions of the U Network.
4. Recruitment: Recruit prospective CGI U applicants and help them develop their CGI U applications.
5. Application Submission: Students submit CGI U applications by the respective Early Decision and Regular Decision deadlines.
6. Admissions: Select students are invited to attend the CGI U meeting.
7. Notification of Accepted Students: Receive summary of accepted students from your university by the respective Early Decision and Regular Decision deadlines.
8. Funding: University allocates CGI U Network funding to accepted students. Funding allocations are at the discretion of the university.
9. Attend Meeting: Students and one university representative attend CGI U meeting.
10. Funding Report: Online report submitted to CGI U confirming funding allocations and renewing membership for the next CGI U cycle.