Regional and global leaders gathered this week at CGI Middle East & Africa in Marrakech, Morocco, to make new Commitments to Action and generate solutions to a variety of topics, from youth employment to natural resource management.
Below are highlights from the meeting. Full videos of meeting sessions - available in English, French, and Arabic - can be found on the Livestream. You can also follow @ClintonGlobal and #CGI on Twitter for more keys moments from the event, and watch all session
Wednesday, May 6
- President Bill Clinton opened the meeting and moderated a discussion with Nezha Hayat (Co-founder and President, CFA Maroc), Mo Ibrahim (Founder and Chairman, Mo Ibrahim Foundation), Phuti Mahanyele (Chief Executive Officer, Shanduka Group (Pty) Ltd), and K'naan Warsame. Watch the full session below:
- CNN's Christiane Amanpour hosted a breakout session focused on youth employment, entrepreneurship, and skills training, followed by a conversation with President Clinton.
- Chelsea Clinton moderated a panel on infrastructure and "cities of the future" with John Hope Bryant (Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Operation HOPE), Thierry Déau (Chairman and CEO, Meridiam, Chairman, Long Term Infrastructure Investment Association), Frannie Léautier (Co-founding Partner and Chairperson, Mkoba Private Equity Fund), and Bosun Tijani (Chief Executive Officer, Co-creation Hub) Watch the full session below:
- New Commitments to Action - rooted in cross-sector partnerships - were announced by Education For Employment (EFE), WorldWater & Solar, Jacobs Foundation, and other CGI members and meeting participants.
- Anne Kabagambe (Chief of Staff and Director of Cabinet, African Development Bank) led a discussion of "the three legged stool" - food, water, and energy. Watch the full session on Livestream.
THURSDAY, MAY 7
- Chelsea Clinton moderated the morning session on "Women at the Forefront of Innovation" with Najla Mohammad Al Awar (Secretary General of the United Arab Emirates Cabinet), Othman Benjelloun (Chairman and CEO, BMCE Bank), Zainab Salbi (Founder, Nida'a Productions and Women for Women International), and Niralee Shah (Core Child Program Manager, Tomorrow's Youth Organization). Watch the full session below.
- President Clinton hosted the closing session, which featured a panel discussion on "The Middle East and Africa: Future Leaders for Opportunity." Watch the full session and his closing remarks - as well as all sessions from the meeting - on Livestream.
MORE WAYS TO CONNECT WITH CGI ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Like CGI on Facebook for top highlights from each day of the meeting.
Follow @ClintonGlobal on Instagram.
Visit the CGI Flickr page to see all of the photos from CGI Middle East & Africa.