More than 20 years of global data compiled by No Ceilings shows that while progress is possible, more must be done to achieve ‘full and equal participation’ of women and girls worldwide
New York, NY – Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Gates Foundation Co-Chair Melinda Gates and Clinton Foundation Vice Chair Chelsea Clinton will join global and community leaders for the official release of the No Ceilings Full Participation Report on Monday, March 9, in New York City. The event will coincide with the start of the 59th session of the United Nations’ Commission on the Status of Women.
The No Ceilings Full Participation Report is the culmination of a year-long, global data aggregation effort by the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, in collaboration with The Economist Intelligence Unit, UCLA WORLD Policy Analysis Center and Fathom Information Design. The report identifies the significant gains women and girls have made – and the gaps that still remain – since the U.N. Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing in 1995, when Secretary Clinton called on the international community to ensure “women’s rights are human rights.” Benchmarking process since that landmark event, No Ceilings is making the data open and accessible, and is pairing the report with an interactive, shareable collection of data visualizations. The data visualizations will highlight key findings from the data through interactive stories, as well as allow users the ability to explore the data on their own.
More event details:
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Melinda Gates, Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Chelsea Clinton, Vice Chair, Clinton Foundation
- Her Excellency Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, President of the Republic of Croatia
- Her Excellency Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of the Republic of LIberia
- Darril Astrida Saunders, Founder, Exotic Caribbean Mountain Pride
- Shabana Basij-Rasikh, Co-founder and President, School of Leadership, Afghanistan
- Ikram Ben Said, Founder and President, Aswat Nisaa
- Usha Choudhary, Secretary and Program Director, Vikalp Sansthan
- America Ferrera, Actor, Producer, Activist
- Nely Galan, Founder of The Adelante Movement
- Helene D. Gayle, MD, MPH, President and CEO, CARE
- Wanjira Mathai, Director, wPOWER: Women's Partnerships in Renewables
- Mrs. Mary Robinson, President, Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice
- Debra Sterling, CEO, GoldieBlox
- Dr. Lisa Su, President and CEO, AMD
- Genette Thelusmond, Auxiliare Midwife, Midwives for Haiti
- Dr. Marcela Tovar-Restrepo, Chair of the Board of Directors of the Women's Environment and Development Organization (WEDO)
- Uzma, School of Leadership, Afghanistan Scholar
- Yogesh Vaishnav, Treasurer and Program Manager, Vikalp Sansthan
- Melanne Verveer, Executive Director, Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
- Bruce Wilkinson, President & Chief Executive Officer, Catholic Medical Mission Board
- Sheryl WuDunn, Co-author, A Path Appears
- Malala Yousafzai, 2014 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Co-Founder of the Malala Fund
“Not There Yet: A Data Driven Analysis of Gender Equality” – the release of the No Ceilings Full Participation Report and NoCeilings.org
Monday, March 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM ET
Press check-in begins: 10:00 AM ET
Final access & pre-set: 10:30 AM ET
Best Buy Theater
1515 Broadway (side entrance on 44th Street)
New York, NY
Wireless Microphones: Please do NOT bring or use wireless microphones onsite, as they will interfere with onsite wireless PA systems.
Wifi: Wifi will be available to registered media.
Mult Box: Output specifics are XLR for audio.
Livestream of this event can also be found at www.clintonfoundation.org/noceilings. The hashtag for the event and report release is #NoCeilings.
Press registration is now open to the members of the media. To apply, please complete this form. The deadline to apply is Thursday, March 5, by 2:00 PM ET. Only press who have received confirmation of credentials will be guaranteed entry into the event. Media will receive an email confirmation firstname.lastname@example.org with details about picking up your credential. To pick up your credential, a valid government-issued ID is required.
For questions regarding registration, please email email@example.com.
Follow @ClintonFdn and @GatesFoundation on Twitter for live updates, event news, and highlights. More details can also be found on Facebook at facebook.com/clintonfoundation and www.facebook.com/billmelindagatesfoundation.
# # #
About the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people—especially those with the fewest resources—have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann and Co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.