Applications will be reviewed by the CGI U Selection Committee. All applicants will be notified of admissions decisions in January 2024. The CGI U Selection Committee is committed to selecting a diverse cohort of students – representing different backgrounds, experiences, regions, institutions, academic studies, and project areas – that demonstrate the motivation to tackle specific challenges, the capacity to develop their leadership skills, and a commitment to CGI U’s year-round program.
If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the selection process, please email us.
All accepted CGI U students are expected to fully participate for the entirety of the three online modules outlined below. Accepted students are required to attend and fully participate in all online module activities. The average time commitment is 3 hours per module.
March 2024 – November 2024
CGI U GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Through the online platform, Commitment Mentors will review and monitor student engagement in the CGI U curriculum and ensure that students are fulfilling requirements for graduation. To complete the CGI U program and become eligible for CGI U’s Commitment-Maker seal, letters of recommendation and other opportunities, students must complete the following over the course of the 2024 program:
- Participation in at least three (3) small group discussion throughout the program (to be scheduled by Commitment Mentors)
- Review of CGI U’s 30-minute webinar recordings and readings, which will be housed on the online platform, and completion of all accompanying exercises
- Completion of one 30-minute individual coaching session with their Commitment Mentor per module (3 in total)
- Completion of Commitment to Action progress report
To be considered for CGI U, students must apply with a Commitment to Action: a new, specific, and measurable initiative that addresses a pressing challenge. We encourage you to use the following resources when preparing your submissions:
- Development: Use our Commitment to Action Toolkit to design a thoughtful social impact project with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind.
- Criteria: Review the Rubric to have a better understanding of what the CGI U Selection Committee is looking for when evaluating student applications. Rubric coming soon.
- Information Sessions: Join our interactive Prospective Student Sessions to have a better understanding of the CGI U 2024 student programs, Commitment to Action framework, and application processes. Recordings will be available for those unable to join. Schedule coming soon.