Arkansas’s largest “green” fashion show, Curbside Couture, offers students in third-twelfth grades the opportunity to apply their creativity and technical skills to create wearable designs made of recycled material. The fashion show is the product of months of hard work by student designers and guidance from educators and mentors. Participants are given the opportunity to attend a mentoring session with acclaimed designers, including Korto Momolu, first runner-up in Project Runway’s fifth season, and the Clinton Center’s own Connie Fails. Winning designs are chosen by a panel of jurors, and winning designers are awarded a cash prize. Registration for Curbside Couture 2022 is now open!
Curbside Couture 2022
Registration Deadline: February 1, 2022 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Mentoring Session: TBA
Fashion Show: TBA
For more information about the event, please contact Connie Fails at (501) 748-0405 or [email protected].
To protect you and your students’ health, as well as the health of our staff and volunteers, we have currently migrated our educational programs online. Clinton Center staff is continually monitoring updates from public health officials. We will determine if Curbside Couture 2022 will be hosted virtually or in-person closer to the event date.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE CURBSIDE COUTURE 2021 VIRTUAL FASHION SHOW.
Curbside Couture 2021 was sponsored by Friends of Patrick, Connie Fails, Leslie Singer, and Paul Bash.
Congratulations to our Curbside Couture 2021 Award Winners!
• First place: Sariah Batista of Meadowcliff Elementary
• Second place: William Bednara of Academics Plus Charter School
• Third place: Makynise Spencer of Landmark Elementary
• First place: Lorin E.B. Hill of Mann Magnet
• Second place: Kylie Willhite of Maumelle Charter School
• Third place: Oriana Smith of Academic Plus Charter School
• First place: Kristin Lehmann of Nemo Vista High School
• Second place: Gautami Lohakare of Little Rock Central High School
• Third place: Leila Geary of Bentonville West High School
• Best Technical Execution of a Design: Meecah Collins of Cabot Freshman Academy and team member Shelbey Breshears
• Singer Creative Award: Kaiba Ali of Cabot Freshman Academy
• Honorable Mention: Rowan Graves of Fulbright Elementary School