CGI U is a year-round program that helps develop the next generation of leaders and social entrepreneurs, by providing accepted undergraduate and graduate students with training and mentorship opportunities, access to a wide range of international experts and changemakers, and networking and events with their peers.
There is no cost to participate in the CGI U program but all prospective students must submit an application. The CGI U application process is highly selective, and to be considered, students need to make a commitment to take action on a major issue. This pledge – called a “Commitment to Action” (CTA) – takes the form of a new, specific, and measurable plan to solve an issue identified on a college campus, within a local community, or a pressing national or global challenge.
Once accepted, current students receive access to CGI U’s program offerings, which includes:
- Commitment to Action (CTA) curriculum, that expands on the CTA model on how to ideate, design, implement and evaluate a social impact project, leveraging the expertise and thought leadership of both CGI U and the Clinton Foundation.
- High-touch mentorship, where every accepted student is paired with a CGI U Commitment Mentor. Commitment Mentors are CGI U Alumni, who work with students to refine their social impact projects, prepare for networking opportunities, and engage with the curriculum.
- Access to funding streams, including pitch competitions, direct travel assistance to attend CGI U’s free annual meeting, and curated information on fellowships with funding opportunities.
- Student engagement events, including CGI U’s annual meeting. For the 2019-2020 accepted student cohort, the annual meeting will take place at the University of Edinburgh from April 17-19, 2020.
- Access to Clinton Foundation expertise, where CGI U students can explore partnership opportunities for projects aligned with the Foundation’s work.
CGI U 2020 Students
- Storytelling for Social Impact
- Raising Money
- Raising Money: Grant Writing and Entity Options
- Marketing and Branding
- Monitoring and Evaluation